Thursday 17 November 2011

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #312

I believe I have identified a debilitating psychological syndrome that has infected a large number of people, myself included. Simply put, the sufferer, in varying degrees of intensity, is convinced that he or she is "not alive enough." This delusion drives them to carry out all manner of self-destructive acts in a vain attempt to "feel more alive." I've dubbed the syndrome Peggy Lee Disease (in honor of her classic song which first identified the malady, "Is That All There Is?"). The list of misguided actions caused by PLD is almost endless; over-eating, over-sexing, over-shopping, extreme sports, sadism, masochism, alcoholism, drug addiction, workaholism and spending all your money to run for governor of California (for a more complete list check web sites such as TMZ and Radar Online). To date, the only sure cure for PLD is altruism -- putting aside selfish interests and giving unto others. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm waiting for something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment